Comerford Dam, Vermont

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Time to Do the Work

To my hundreds of readers, who probably wonder what’s become of me, I can sum it up in two words: FALL BACK. Or, Daylight Savings Time Ends. Or, wake up in darkness, go to work in darkness, come home in darkness, get in your pajamas.
That’s my experience, anyway. There’s some light in the far off distance this year, because I keep saying to myself, “This is the last winter, this is the last winter, this is the last winter.”
A lot of people ask me why, if I hate winter and have Seasonal Affective Disorder, do I live in Vermont?  Well, like a lot of people, I kind of got stuck in one place. But I’m moving now.
I’ve started telling people that I’m moving to Ecuador. Yes! I am moving to Ecuador! Just Google Cuenca, I tell everybody, and you’ll want to go, too. Lots of incredulous looks and questions  - and then people are really very enthusiastic about me going (not them).
I’ve found an internet site for brushing up on my Spanish language skills, and I added one of Cuenca’s newspapers to my favorites, so I can start (trying) to read the paper.
 I’m in a little bit of a hiatus right now, but next week I will start bidding on online jobs, beginning the work that I need to do to establish my income stream, so I can support myself wherever I am.
After countless hours of crafting my online profile, looking at the profiles of people who are already successful, consulting with my guru at Barefoot Consulting on how to break into the biz, I'm more than ready to start. 
If I’m indulging myself a little right now, it's because I know that once I start bidding on jobs, I’m going to be coming home from a full day of work and hitting the computer here for more hours.
I want to believe that I will struggle a little, but will, in the end, get what I need to keep moving with my plan. This is so important that I can’t allow even a wisp of self-doubt to appear.
So, picture me for the next few months in front of my computer, doing the work. Whatever it takes, doing the work.
I’ll be using this blog to vent my frustrations and celebrate my successes, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment