Comerford Dam, Vermont

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Celebrating one week in Cuenca!

No regrets, not a single one, after my first week of life in Cuenca. A week of high altitude, walking 3+ miles a day, and racking my brain for Spanish vocabulary has left me a little tired and achy, though.

Plus I got a good sunburn from sitting on the roof terrace with Reby yesterday. A little exposure goes a long way here - the sun is very strong because we're on the equator, or close to it.


I figured out how to take photos on my iPad, and here are a couple of my little pad. Love that luxury kitchen, eh?!



Looked at one apartment this morning - location was good, but apartment was too small.

Yesterday when I was at the SuperMaxi (that's the modern grocery store - I know, it sounds like a feminine hygiene product!) I saw a couple of things to share with you.


The yellow envelope with the screw off top is pineapple jam. Notice the brand name - for snobs only!
And what is that cereal on the plate? In the shape of bananas, watermelons, grapes and some other unknown fruits? Trix, you silly rabbits!

No comments:

Post a Comment