Comerford Dam, Vermont

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Now, to Make this House a Home

What a pleasure it was to be awakened this morning by roosters crowing and dogs barking. No more roaring traffic and beeping horns, even though I've only moved about a mile and a half. I'm still on a busy street but back far enough from the street that the noise is muffled.

So, welcome to my new place!


Downstairs is the living/dining area on the left and the kitchen on the right. Tucked under the stairs is a tiny bathroom - what's called the 'social bathroom', for guests.


Little dining area - big windows!



Living room with small furniture, but just my size, and big windows onto the back yard.


Kitchen area, just big enough for one person. Brand new stove w/oven (lots of kitchens only have cooktops) and refrigerator!


And note my Vermont license plate in the window! Back door opens out onto the yard.


Today I took a good look around the yard, and I'm looking forward to puttering around back here and planting some things of my own (I brought seeds with me).



Needs a little TLC... but plenty of room for a little dog!



That white rectangular box on the wall over the sink is the hot water heater for the whole house. It only gets turned on when hot water is needed. That means you can't just step into the shower and hope for hot water - you have to plan ahead.




Upstairs there are two bedrooms and a bathroom, and I'll probably use one bedroom for working.



Here's a view of the 'big house' from a bedroom window. Notice those closed iron gates? Those are the second set - there's another one on the street. Very safe and secure!


There is a bus stop literally across the street from the front gate and it's about a 15-minute walk to the middle of town.

Next step is to walk around the neighborhood and start settling in.

No comments:

Post a Comment